Memes ~: Education::
Social Networks ~: The Classroom::
Animated GIFs & Tweets ~: Lectures;
(~: = could be to)
Evolution of Memes:
- Memes are to evolution of culture what genes are to evolution of individuals.
- Memes as counterculture.
- Memes as viral content
- Could memes become educational tools themselves, not in—or as—theory but in practice?
- Could specific instances of internet memes—like animated GIFs—disseminated through social media—like Twitter—serve the purpose of lectures delivered in the classroom?
- Could educators embark in non-traditional education by examining and exploiting internet memes’ inherent qualities as shared, duplicated, replicated and potentially viral content that does not require institutional validation?
- HOW CAN INTERNET MEMES BE HARNESSED AS EDUCATIONAL INSTRUMENTS?
- Education as freely shared information
- Education as suggested pathways
- Education beyond classroom
- Production of animated GIFs and dissemination through social networks (Twitter, Blogs, Google+)
- Online journaling
- Documentation of process and decision-making
- Social networks as communities
- Researcher as participant
- College classes
Memes : Education::
Social Networks : The Classroom::
Animated GIFs & Tweets : Lectures;